All applicants must be a member of the BAA.
There are 2 options
- Free adult members (18 years and older) will need to submit a $5.00 fee to have their record registered.
- Click Here to Join
- Click Here to Pay the Registration Fee
- There is no charge for Youth Record submissions, but the Youth must be a Premium Member to qualify for Youth Bowfisher of the Year points
- Premium members can submit records for free and receive Bowfisher of the Year points for record submissions.
- Premium Memberships expire at the end of each calendar year. They will need to be renewed if expired before the record will be certified.
- Click Here to become a Premium Member
All fish must be weighed on either a state registered certified scale or with the approved BAA scale and weight combo. Please see the section on Weighing Instructions for details:
For record applications fill out the form HERE.
Please include the following information in the email:
Species of fish harvested – No Hybrids!
Length (if possible)
State Harvested – Must be from Public Waters!
Pictures of whole fish ON the certified scale, preferably video if you can provide it.
Please UPLOAD videos to and send us the link. Please do not email the video file.
If using the Klau scale (see additional Weighing Instructions), please find a stable place to hang the scale and the fish, rather than holding up both.
A photo of the person holding the fish is mandatory. This will be used on our website and social media pages. Records will not be certified if this picture is not submitted!
Must submit one photo of the fish laying flat on the ground with all fins spread out (especially dorsal and tail fins) showing.
If submitting a REDHORSE, CARPSUCKER or BUFFALO please submit a picture of the closed mouth clearly showing the lips UP CLOSE.
Please allow 1-2 weeks to process.